Get Connected!

Come and join our community. Expand your network and get to know new people!

Sorry, we currently have no events.
View All Events

I was today years old when I learned that KStars allows you to customize the toolbars. This may have something to do with the issue on hand. Are the people who have issues with the "Views" option showing up people who have customized their toolbars before the 3.7.0 drop?

Read More...

Okay, some really bizarre ideas:

1. The new KStars is picking up the wrong .xml file for the UI from some other folder

2. There is some user-customizability in the menus (I see none of your menus match!), that causes a modified .xml file to be stored somewhere in the user's setting list. This is not overwritten / the new menu items are not added to this when a new version of KStars drops. (Possible, although I don't know of any menu customization in KStars; that being said even some of us developers hardly know 20% of the features)

3. It has something to do with the theme: dark mode vs. light mode. (Very unlikely)

Read More...

The exact same .dmg has worked for other people. This may be some deep MacOS issue that I don't have insight into. Does the same thing happen if you move the KStars.app to the Applications folder and run, instead of out of the .dmg? At least in the build process, the menus are stored in a separate .xml file. I wonder if that .xml file got substituted for an older one.

Read More...

Just got my brand-new Stellarmate. I'd heard the UI was bad but that doesn't even begin to describe the user interface on an IPhone. I've heard it's better on a tablet, but on an IPhone it's absolutely unusable. This just in the first five minutes:

1) app doesn't rotate when you rotate the phone.
2) input screens on the app don't allow cut and paste, or at least not any way I can see.

But I'm told I must use the app to register. I generated me a nice long secure password in my pw manager but I can't paste the thing into the screen? Must I really write the password on paper and then type it into the (tiny) entry field?

Or is there a way I can register the thing on my Linux computer?

Read More...

Paul Nixon created a new topic ' GPS using UART mode?' in the forum. 3 hours 8 minutes ago

I'm coming from Astroberry on Raspberry Pi4 and use UART GPS.

I have a Pi4 on the bench with AstroArch installed and am wondering if it supports GPS UART mode and, if so, how do I tell AstroArch about it?

Thanks!

Read More...

Thanks! I did, but for some reason, it didn't take. The optical train popped up and I had to add it a second time, and still it didn't show up in camera module.

I confess I am new to this optical train step so maybe I'm missing something. I'm just using simulators for the mount and telescopes. Not sure if that has anything to do with things.

I used the profile creator and that seems to be working at the moment.

Cheers!
Paul

Read More...

Hi,

I purchased StellarMate OS from the website a few days befor and installed StellarMate App for Android v2.6.95.
Then I followd the instruction on stellarmate.com/support/first-time-setup/stellarmate-os.html.
But when I try to sign in with the username & password as when I login to stellarmate.com I allways get an error: Invalid username or password
I verified that I can login with this credentials to stellarmate.com.
Do I need a different acount or have I missed something?

Read More...

Rebuilt INDI from sources, working now. Topic closed.

Read More...

How to Sign into Cricut Design Space: Easy-to-Follow Guide

Greetings to all my readers; I know it’s been long since I posted my last blog. While...
Show more

How to Sign into Cricut Design Space: Easy-to-Follow Guide – Cricut Explore

After a successful sign into Cricut Design Space, you can easily draw ideal designs in any shape and size. Read this blog to learn more…

Rob Lancaster replied to the topic 'Kstars 3.6.9' in the forum. 12 hours 44 minutes ago

In terms of the Avalon driver, I do not know much about it or why it may or may not have been included in the last dmg. When I built it, I just used my script from before and if that driver was turned off in the settings then it would not have been included. You can always check the list of which ones are on or off at a particular time in the cmakelist and thus those should build in a dmg built that day, but of course that list can change over time for various reasons.

github.com/indilib/indi-3rdparty/blob/master/CMakeLists.txt

When binary factory was running we could have just recommended you just check a different daily build if a driver is missing or if an issue was fixed, but KDE changed that system and we will need to update our recipes accordingly.

Read More...

Rob Lancaster replied to the topic 'Kstars 3.6.9' in the forum. 13 hours 2 minutes ago

Well the KStars dmg that we are discussing does come with all the drivers already compiled and bundled into the app including the ones in the 3rd party repo that were working on MacOS at the time the dmg was built. Unless of course there was some kind of issue with the settings or the driver build option for that particular driver for some reason was turned off when it was built, or of course if there was a problem with building it at the time.

Read More...

I downloaded this version and it has the same issue. :-(

Read More...

Thanks Akarsh. Appreciated. There is no urgency atleast for me as the UK weather hasnt been very cooperative and the forecast is definitely bleak for a while.
I will download the version you have posted, try it out and provide feedback

Read More...

I've tried the EQmod driver, but unfortunately that didn't work. Yes, I read about the fact that Astroberryis outdated. Maybe it's time to try something else, like Stellarmate OS on my RPI. I assume that Stellarmate is up to date in its drivers policy? Btw, thanx for your respons!

Read More...

So several people seem to have this issue and I'm not sure what's causing it. There was also a post on the Facebook group saying that the installer doesn't work on MacOS < 12.0 -- that's a KDE craft buildsystem issue where the pre-compiled libraries assume MacOS >= 12.0

I'd cut a custom .dmg for you but my Mac Mini is having problems booting. Once I get that fixed (may take a while), I should be able to build a custom dmg. Until then I have a DMG that I made for beta-testing the views feature from a little before the 3.7.0 cut, so it would be missing some of the features that were merged into 3.7.0 but it does have Views:
asimha.net/kstars-3.6.9.dmg
SHAsum: `b5d3dae0a71d5cad9579987abb1f7431b87d3545`

Read More...

The latest INDI drivers and Astroberry may not be compatible since Astroberry hasn't been updated since around 2022.
If you are lucky, you may be able to use the EQMod driver included in Astroberry.

Read More...

Has anyone managed to build `pyindi-client` recently against the stable 2.0.0 release? I'm getting a bunch of errors that I don't have enough context to understand / debug:

```
$ python setup.py install
/usr/local/include/libindi/basedevice.h:105: Warning 508: Declaration of 'registerProperty' shadows declaration accessible via operator->(),
/usr/local/include/libindi/basedevice.h:105: Warning 508: previous declaration of 'registerProperty'.
/usr/local/include/libindi/indipropertyview.h:177: Error: 'PropertyBasicText_getPermissionAsString' is multiply defined in the generated target language module.
/usr/local/include/libindi/indipropertybasic.h:71: Error: Previous declaration of 'PropertyBasicText_getPermissionAsString'
/usr/local/include/libindi/indipropertyview.h:185: Error: 'PropertyBasicText_getTimeout' is multiply defined in the generated target language module.
/usr/local/include/libindi/indipropertybasic.h:73: Error: Previous declaration of 'PropertyBasicText_getTimeout'
/usr/local/include/libindi/indipropertyview.h:204: Error: 'PropertyBasicText_count' is multiply defined in the generated target language module.
/usr/local/include/libindi/indipropertybasic.h:105: Error: Previous declaration of 'PropertyBasicText_count'
/usr/local/include/libindi/indipropertyview.h:207: Error: 'PropertyBasicText_findWidgetByName' is multiply defined in the generated target language module.
/usr/local/include/libindi/indipropertybasic.h:139: Error: Previous declaration of 'PropertyBasicText_findWidgetByName'
/usr/local/include/libindi/indipropertyview.h:324: Error: 'PropertyBasicText_at' is multiply defined in the generated target language module.
/usr/local/include/libindi/indipropertybasic.h:116: Error: Previous declaration of 'PropertyBasicText_at'
indiclientpython.i:70: Error: 'PropertyBasicBlob___getitem__' is multiply defined in the generated target language module.
indiclientpython.i:108: Error: Previous declaration of 'PropertyBasicBlob___getitem__'
indiclientpython.i:74: Error: 'PropertyBasicBlob___len__' is multiply defined in the generated target language module.
indiclientpython.i:112: Error: Previous declaration of 'PropertyBasicBlob___len__'
error: command '/usr/bin/swig' failed with exit code
```

Read More...

Willi replied to the topic 'Kstars 3.6.9' in the forum. 18 hours 18 minutes ago

Thank you for all the background info.
I tried once to build the 3rd party INDI driver myself but ran into a bunch of error messages. Then I realized that some of tve LINUX distributions of KStars come with the drivers already compiled and readily available.
Is the same possible for KStars on macOS? Of course it would make the package bigger because of all the extra libraries. But it would extend the usability of the KStars on the Mac.

Read More...